The 30th Annual Pie Run, organized by the Newport Running Club, is set to return on Thanksgiving morning at 8:30 a.m.
The 5 mile USATF sanctioned road race and 3 mile non-competitive walk starts and ends in front of the Newport County YMCA in Middletown and is a scenic course with panoramic views of Sachuest Beach.
Participants are asked to bring one non-perishable food item to be contributed to a local food bank.
Entry cost is $30 for the 5 mile run and $25 for the 3 mile non-competitive walk.
Number Pickup and Post Registration is at the Newport County YMCA at the following dates / times:
Wednesday, November 25th, 4:00 – 7:00 pm and Thursday, November 26h, 7:15 – 8:15 am.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses