Photo/Flyer by Marial Maher/Visual Manor
Hotel Viking invites bivalve fans to slurp Rhode Island’s freshest oysters paired with sumptuous spirits in a special “Oysters Explorers” gathering hosted by oyster sommelier and bloggerJulie Qiu of In A Half Shell.
The education-focused social tasting will feature a curated selection of three local farm-raised oysters paired with three different alcohols. The mouth-watering class will be November 7 at 7pm and is $40 per person. Guests will receive a 33 Oysters tasting journal, a special pocket-sized notebook, along with an informative and fun evening with an intimate group of oyster fans.
Seating is limited and can be booked at http://bit.ly/oysterexplorers.
“Farm-raised oysters are delicious, nutritious, and highly beneficial to our environment,” said Julie Qiu, a sustainable seafood advocate and oyster expert, “This tasting is a great way for beginners to expand their bivalve knowledge and for more seasoned oyster aficionados to learn new ways to elevate their half shell experiences.”
The oyster tasting will start with an introduction, then a tasting of two of each variety of oysters. Each variety will be paired with either a wine, champagne and a sake. Qiu, who will visit the oyster farms prior to the event, will personally curate the raw oyster selection. Chef Barry Correia of One Bellevue at Hotel Viking will offer attendees a special sampling of Oyster Rockefeller with blue cheese and bacon to complete the night.
A special giveaway for tickets to the tasting will be offered on social media startingOctober 16 until October 29. The winner will be picked at random and announced on October 30. To enter the giveaway, simply follow @HotelViking, @InAHalfShellBlog on Instagram or “Like” Hotel Viking and In A Half Shell on Facebook, like the post about the giveaway and tag three friends under the comments section. The prize is for two complimentary tickets to attend the In A Half Shell event at Hotel Viking on Saturday, Nov 7, 2015 at 7PM.
Content Presented By
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1