Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter, we’ll keep you in the know!
It’s wicked good, we promise!
Good Morning! Here’s a roundup of new headlines that have to do with what’s happening, new or to do in Newport, RI.
Newport, RI Morning News Headlines
- DEM identifies victim in Oct. 1 kayaking accident in Narragansett
- Board of Elections adopts protocol for proofing and testing ExpressVote Machines
- Rhode Island among states that recorded the biggest increase in their homeless populations
- Rhode Island among states with the most reported rental scams
- State Arts Council opens applications for an arts workforce-development grant program
- Arts Agency and Humanities Council usher in October's Arts and Humanities Month with events, workshops, celebrations, programs
- 25 costliest hurricanes of all time
- How "monkeypox" and other disease names have caused controversy
- Governor McKee announces child tax rebates will start being issued this week
- McKee, DEM announce $160,000 in grant awards to help Rhode Island farmers expand market access for specialty crops
- Natural gas prices are at a record high—here's what that means as the weather cools
- RIDOT reopens Cottrell Bridge on Route 91 in Westerly
- Rates of women voter registrations are surging—particularly where reproductive rights are threatened
- Governor McKee, Department of Housing award $3.5 million to create 231 additional shelter beds
- Here's what the most popular American vehicles actually cost the average driver