The Annual Newport Harbor Illuminated Boat Parade has 18 boats and counting lined up to be parading through the harbor on Friday night.
Boats congregate at the causeway Newport Shipyard, then travel south into the channel past Bowen’s Wharf and the other wharves. They’ll turn west around Ann St. Pier near Ida Lewis then north up the east side of Goat Island and either go to Newport Yacht Club or back to their own moorings.
The waterfront at Bowen’s Wharf offers exceptional views of the City of Newport’s Illuminated Boat Parade starting at 6:15pm.
The Bowen’s Wharf unique boutiques and restaurants will be offering free hot cider, in-store specials and good karma sales alongside live music while the flotilla motors past.
All are invited to meander through the waterfront and local businesses from 5-8pm, rain or snow, just dress the part!
Restaurant reservations should be made early for best viewing.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13