The Annual Newport Harbor Illuminated Boat Parade has 18 boats and counting lined up to be parading through the harbor on Friday night.
Boats congregate at the causeway Newport Shipyard, then travel south into the channel past Bowen’s Wharf and the other wharves. They’ll turn west around Ann St. Pier near Ida Lewis then north up the east side of Goat Island and either go to Newport Yacht Club or back to their own moorings.
The waterfront at Bowen’s Wharf offers exceptional views of the City of Newport’s Illuminated Boat Parade starting at 6:15pm.
The Bowen’s Wharf unique boutiques and restaurants will be offering free hot cider, in-store specials and good karma sales alongside live music while the flotilla motors past.
All are invited to meander through the waterfront and local businesses from 5-8pm, rain or snow, just dress the part!
Restaurant reservations should be made early for best viewing.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch