Big chances are coming for Lower Thames Street, and it’s not just the usual every few years changes – some long-time businesses are for sale or calling it the end of a long run in 2015.
1 – Tropical Gangster
After 35 years, the owners of Tropical Gangsters are retiring and store at 375 Thames Street closed on Sunday, November 15th. Read More: UPDATE: Tropical Gangsters Owners Announce Store Will Soon Close
2 – Erica Zap
Erica Zap, a long-time jewelry shop at 477 Thames Street, will close near the end of 2015. The property was bought on September 29th, 2015 for $632,000.
3 – Down Under Jewlery
After many years at 479 Thames Street, Down Under Jewelry has announced to its loyal customers that they too will close at the end of the year.
4 – Thames Street Kitchen (TSK)
Thames Street Kitchen, a.k.a. “TSK”, took to their Facebook Page on Saturday, November 14th to announce they will be permanently closing. Read More: Thames Street Kitchen Announces They Will Permanently Close
5 – Willy’s Burger Bar
Willy’s Burger Bar + Rotisserie, located at 599 Thames Street in Newport, is up for sale. The restaurant was put on the market on November 6th at $1.2 million and is being represented and marketed by The Fitzpatrick Team at RE/MAX Professionals of Newport. Read More: Willy’s Burger Bar and Rotisserie Is Up For Sale
6 – Bellevue Florist
Bellevue Florist, located at 703 Thames Street is by Faraone Realty for sale at $130,000.
Editor’s Note: November 25, 2015 – The owner of Bellevue Florist has contacted us regarding this mention. Despite being listed as an “Active” listing on RILiving.com, she has stated that the property is not currently for sale.
Editor’s Note: November 27th, 2015 – This listing is no longer posted.
7 – Thames Street Burger Boys
Thames Street Burger Boys, formerly Juicy Cheesy Burger, located at 404 Thames Street is currently listed by William Raveis at $49,999.
8 – Provencal Bakery
Provencal’s Newport location at 469 Thames Street is on the market with RE/MAX Newport for $55,000.
9 – Wellington Liquors
Wellington Liquors in Newport, RI is currently listed for sale on BizBuySell for $290,000.
10 – Scandinavian Sun Building
The property that is home to Scandinavian Sun at 651 Thames Street is currently for sale for $775,000. The property consists of two lots at the corner of West Narragansett and Thame Streets.
Seller owns Tanning Salon on first floor of building and will consider renting the first floor from new buyer.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13