The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority’s Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run will take place on Sunday, October 25th, 2015 .
Over 3000 runners and walkers will make their way over the Newport Pell Bridge on Sunday to raise money for charity.
NOTE: . Registration is still available online or onsite before the beginning of the race on Sunday morning beginning at 6 am. You can also register by stopping by the packet pick-up center at the Discover Newport Visitors Center on Friday from 3-7 PM, or Saturday from 12-5 PM Walkers and families are welcome although strollers are prohibited.
The Pell Bridge Run will begin at 7:15 a.m. which will necessitate the following lanes closures and restrictions beginning early Sunday morning:
- East Shore Road will be closed going southbound from the Rt. 138 exit to Conanicus Road
Closure Time: 6:45a.m. – 8:00a.m.
- On ramp to the bridge (Rt. 138/Conanicus ramp)
- Farewell Avenue: Both eastbound and westbound lanes will be shut down and a detour will be provided.
- Eastbound lanes – the outside, right lane will be closed to motor vehicles as it will be used by race participants. The left, high speed lane will be restricted during the race and all motor vehicles will be escorted at a low speed across the bridge by a Rhode Island State Trooper
- Westbound lanes – no restrictions during race
- At no time during the race will the Newport Pell Bridge be closed to motor vehicle traffic.
Content Presented By
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf