What’sUpNewp was the first to bring you the news on August 30th when we shared that Thames Street Yoga and Long Time Sun Apparel were moving in together.
Here’s an update on the collaboration;
Thames Street Yoga, a vinyasa yoga studio on lower Thames and Long Time Sun a yoga lifestyle boutique located just off of Brick Market will form a unique collaboration that will house both entities under one roof.
Effective November 1st, Thames Street Yoga will move into the 198 Thames Street home of Long Time Sun. By morning and night, the space will be transformed into a sun drenched and expansive yoga studio, afternoon it once again becomes a yoga boutique.
“We’re super excited about the opportunity to offer a full schedule of yoga classes in our downtown space,” said boutique owner Kyla Maher. “This collaboration allows us to continue to do what we individually do best, but to offer the ease and convenience of one location for the Newport yoga community.”
“The opportunity to collaborate with Kyla was just too good to pass up,” said yoga studio owner, Patti Doyle. “I’m excited about the joining together of our two communities as well as the fact that we will make the highest use of a convenient and beautiful downtown space.” Students may park free of charge in the Mary Street parking lot which leads to the back entrance of the studio/boutique.
To celebrate the collaboration, Thames Street Yoga will host a free, live music yoga class on Friday, October 30th from 5:30 – 7 pm led by Patti Doyle, and singer Andi Flax, followed by a gong bath by Kyla Maher. A welcome party, which coincides with the first anniversary of Long Time Sun, will commence at 7 pm. Reservations for the class are required and may be made at www.thamesstreetyoga.com.
The studio/boutique will also house 3 massage therapists, reservations for which can also be made by visiting either website. www.longtimesunapparel.com
A full schedule of yoga classes start Sunday, November 1st, with three free classes on opening day, 8:30 am, 10:00 am and 6:00pm.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13