Photo Credit: Queenie Darleen
Pasta Beach may soon be making the long anticipated move to their new home on Bellevue Avenue.
A lawyer for Pasta Beach has recently shared a Status Update regarding their move from 7 Memorial Boulevard to 136-138 Bellevue Avenue with Newport City Council.
The liquor license was transferred to the new location and the victualing license was approved for the new location by Newport City Council back in 2013.
In the letter to the City Clerk on October 14th, Attorney Matthew H. Leys stated that “the move has not occurred yet because the substantial project of turning space at 136-138 Bellevue Avenue into a restaurant is not yet complete”.
Leys went on to say in the letter that he has “been informed by my client that it is anticipated that the move will occur before the start of summer of 2016”.
According to Newport Patch, the new restaurant will have 64 seats and the building’s modifications will follow recommendations outlined by the city’s Historic District Commission.
The Newport City Council will receive the update and communication from Pasta Beach at their regularly scheduled City Council Meeting on Wednesday, October 28th.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations