Jazz fans can get a head start on their summer plans by purchasing flexible discount tickets to the 2016 Newport Jazz Festival®presented by Natixis Global Asset Management, which is set for July 29 – 31.
Tickets are available while supplies last at www.newportjazzfest.org and at the Newport Visitor Information Center, 23 America’s Cup Avenue, beginning Tuesday, October 27, at 10:00 am.
The $59 “Flex” tickets can be used for adult general admission either Saturday or Sunday to the concerts at Fort Adams State Park. With a Flex ticket, there is no need for fans to decide now which day to attend. Regular adult general admission tickets will be $45 for Friday and $79 for Saturday and Sunday, so it is best to use the Flex tickets for Saturday or Sunday to get the savings. The offer is not valid on reserved seats or for the Friday evening concert at the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino.
Special $20 Student tickets are also back and a limited number of flexible tickets are available at this rate. High school students older than 15 and college students with valid ID must use the Student Gate and present valid ID to enter the festival. Students without valid ID will be directed to the Box Office to pay the difference of a general admission ticket. Flex tickets for Children ages 3 – 15 are $15.
For information about the on-line Flex ticket offer, visit the festival website at www.newportjazzfest.org and subscribe to the festival e-newsletter.
The complete line-up for the Newport Jazz Festival presented by Natixis Global Asset Management will be announced at a later date. For more information, go to www.newportjazzfest.org or www.newportfestivalsfoundation.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill