On Thursday October 15, over 30 theaters across the United States will screen an expertly curated selection of some of the best short and feature films funded on Kickstarter.
The 2014 Kickstarter Film Festival was only screened in Brooklyn, London & Los Angeles in 2014.
Both venues in Rhode Island that will show the film festival, successfully raised money on Kickstarter for upgrades. In 2013, Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center successfully raised more $60,000 and Cable Car Cinema successfully raised almost $55,000 to upgrade their digital projection.
Kickstarter combed through thousands of the features, documentaries, and shorts funded on Kickstarter to pick out an incredible program for you — including hits from Sundance, groundbreaking animation, and one knockout documentary
Best of all, it’s completely free. Just RSVP to your theater, turn up early, and have a fantastic night.
Screening at 7 PM:
- What We Do In the Shadows: Three vampires navigate the complexities of modern life. From the creators of the HBO series Flight of the Conchords. Directed by Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi and successfully funded on February 12, 2015 by 7,204 backers.
- Afronauts: Inspired by true events. A team of Zambian misfits races to beat America to the moon. Directed by Frances Bodomo and successfully funded on April 21, 2013 by 264 backers.
Screening at 9:20 PM:
- T-Rex: The true story of a teenage girl — Claressa “T-Rex” Shields — who becomes one of the first women to box in the Olympic Games. Directed by Zackary Canepari and Drea Cooper andsuccessfully funded on August 4, 2012 by 652 backers.
- Submarine Sandwich: The strangest sandwich we’ve ever seen. In stop-motion animation. Directed by PES and successfully funded on August 13, 2014 by 1,114 backers.
- World of Tomorrow: This stunning, award-winning animated short introduces us to Emily as she gets a startling visit from her future (cloned) self. Directed by Don Hertzfeldt andsuccessfully funded on August 15, 2015 by 4,478 backers.
Content Presented By