Fortress of Nightmares returns to Fort Adams in October for its eighth season in a row.
Fortress of Nightmares is a haunted attraction featuring Tunnels of Terror, Zombie Hunter Challenge (Laser Tag), the Haunted Officer’s Quarters Ghost Hunt (previously explored by the TAPS Team from the television show Ghost Hunters), a Killer Film Fest, a Kids’ Fun House for children who might scare easily and food trucks.
Parents can drop their children off at the Kids’ Fun House at the Gift Shop when they arrive for adult supervised cookie decorating, crafts and trick-or-treating. Guests can then make their way to the ticket booth outside the fort for entry inside. The walkthrough begins in the Haunted Officer’s Quarters for the Ghost Hunt. From there guests can take advantage of either the Killer Film Fest with features from various horror and terror films and/or the Zombie Hunter Challenge with the recently introduced Laser Tag experience. The new Tunnels of Terror is the last part of the haunted experience where guests can walk through the tunnels and experience an up-close and personal interaction with the fort’s twilight inhabitants as guests try to make their way out of the tunnels. Upon conclusion of the tour, everyone can end the night by visiting one of the food trucks outside the fort. There will also be event themed merchandise for purchase at the Kid’s Fun House & Gift Shop.
“Fortress of Nightmares is our premiere event for the year and our largest fund raiser,” stated Greg Hall, president of the Fort Adams Trust. “Each year we continually improve on the visitor experience and this year we are introducing our new Laser Tag game as part of the Zombie Hunter Challenge. Also, with the new Kids’ Fun House, families can now bring everyone and know that the little ones will be entertained while parents experience the frights inside the fort. It’s a complete family experience for all ages,” he added.
Fortress of Nightmares dates are October 16th – 18th and 23rd – 25th from 6-10 P.M. each night. Tickets are $15 per person with the Kids’ Fun House $10 per child. For more information on Fortress of Nightmares go to: http://halloween.fortadams.org/
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now