Photo by Marial Maher/Visual Manor
Integrating a weekly changing menu, creativity and fresh local ingredients, Cru Cafe has brought “craft cafe dining” in Newport to a whole new level.
We were all busy over the last several months with the Volvo Ocean Race kicking off Summer 2015 a bit early; the What’sUpNewp Crew finally got a chance to head up to Bellevue and spend some time with the CRU Cafe Crew and experience all that this new cafe and restaurant has to offer.
Just steps off of Bellevue Avenue, this small boutique eatery that opened in early 2015 has something new, fun and delicious to offer; from CRU Supper, to lunch, to breakfast, to BYOB Brunch.
If you haven’t checked out CRU Cafe, here’s what you need to know!
Cru Cafe is located just behind the Audrain Automobile Museum at 1 Casino Terrace (formerly Katrina’s Bakery). They are open Sunday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Thursday – Saturday from 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Hungry but in a rush? Order Your Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner From CRU Online and have it ready in 20 minutes!
BYOB Sunday Brunch – Brunch is served at Cru Cafe every Sunday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Try something sweet like their Caramel Apple Waffle or something a little more savory like their brand-new Hen & Hog lunch selection. Brunch is always BYOB (TIP: Vickers Liquors open at 9 a.m. and is located just across the parking lot) and they always have everything you need to create the best bloodies, mimosas and sangrias. See The Weekly Brunch Menu Online
CRU Lunch – Trying to figure out lunch plans in Newport? Try their Low + Slow Turkey Sandwich, topped with cranberry dijonaise and brussel slaw on freshly baked multigrain bread or how about the Madeira Mushroom Melt with portabello, sauerkraut, gruyere, fontina, roasted garlic, aioli on a fresh baguette.
CRU Supper – Dinner is served at Cru Cafe Thursday – Sunday from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. From shareable, tapas-style options to full size plates, the CRU Supper menu is inspired by all things local and seasonal. As always, these evenings are BYOB. See The Supper Menu Online
The Atmosphere – CRU offers an atmosphere that is welcoming for anything and everyone; whether you’re looking to grab a coffee and read a book, host a work lunch, planning a special event or a getting together for a fun dinner with friends; CRU Cafe is worthy of your hard earned dollar and time from your busy schedule.
*Full disclosure CRU Cafe does currently advertise on WhatsUpNewp.com
CRU Cafe | 1 Casino Terrace | Newport, RI 02840 | Phone: 401-314-0500
All photos by Marial Maher/Visual Manor
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson