Update: 7:35 p.m. – Coast Guard has called off the search in Narragansett Bay,marine assets returning in service with nothing found
A distress call came in at approximately 6:15 p.m. on Thursday for vessel in distress on Narragansett Bay. The vessel and reason for distress call, “mayday”, is unknown at this time.
The original search area included Pine Hill Point, Prudence Island.
The United States Coast Guard and Rhode Island Marine Task Force expanded that search area and launched a helicopter.
This story will be updated if more information is received.
Content Presented By
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch