Newport Fire Department and companies responded to 29 Red Cross Ave on Saturday for a working fire (MAP).
Newport Fire Department was dispatched to the location at approximately 12:13pm, at that time there was a report of a person trapped on the 2nd floor. Upon arriving on scene NFD confirmed the fire was in the rear of the home.
Red Cross Avenue runs from Old Beach Rd. to Memorial Blvd.
Update – 12:25pm: Primary search of second floor for reported person trapped are negative.
Update – 12:43pm: Fire is under control, companies are checking for any extension of the fire.
This story will be updated as more information is received.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill