Happy Labor Day! Here’s how to make the most out of the last day of this long holiday weekend…
1 – Closing Day For lululemon |
lululemon athletica Newport Pop-up Shop will close up their pop-up shop on William Street on Monday. They will have treats and fun for those who visit all weekend. MORE INFO
2 – Final Day Of Music & Fun on ABC Patio
This is the final day of live music and fun on the Atlantic Beach Club Patio, enjoy live music from Roomful Of Blues from 1:30pm – 5:30pm.
3 – Escobar’s Annual Corn Maze
Challenge your skills at our annual cornfield maze and discover why getting lost means finding fun. Hours – 10:00 AM until dusk. MORE INFO
4 – Tour Coastal Extreme Brewing
Newport Storm Beer tours and tastings are $7 plus tax ($7.49) and include: four Newport Storm Beer samples including our year-round beers and seasonal or experimental varieties, your souvenir tasting glass and either a self-guided or guided tour, depending on availability.
Thomas Tew Rum tasting allows you to taste ‘what barrel-aging does’ and understand what makes Thomas Tew Single Barrel Rum so special.
Rum tours and tastings are $9 plus tax ($9.63), and include: samples of three stages of their Thomas Tew Single Barrel rum (the raw spirit, the cask strength aged rum, and the finished product), your souvenir tasting glass and either a self-guided or guided tour, depending upon availability.
5 – Free Preservation Society Of Newport County Tours
The Preservation Society of Newport County is offering all Newport residents and their families to enjoy all regularly scheduled tours of the Newport Mansions for free in 2015. Any resident member of your family is welcome to enjoy any regular tour, any day of the week, just by showing proof of City of Newport residency at the ticket station at any one of the Newport Mansions. Free admission for Newport residents is available at The Breakers, The Elms, Marble House, and Green Animals Topiary Garden.
6 – Visit The Coronet
Coronet is a 131-foot Schooner Yacht which was first launched in 1885, and she was one of the most elegant sailing yachts of her day. She was designed for crossing the ocean in style, featuring a marble staircase, stained glass doors, mahogany paneled staterooms, and a piano in the main salon. Since 1995, she has been on the campus of the IYRS in Newport, RI under restoration. In 2006, Coronet Restoration Partners purchased the project and has continued progress on a full restoration. The project is open to the public and can be visited on the IYRS campus. MORE INFO
Entertainment & Live Music In Newport Today
@ The Deck | 1 Waite’s Wharf
- Monday: Live music with Justin Pomfret from 5pm-8pm.
- Monday: Live music on the patio with Roomful Of Blues from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
Fifth Element | 111 Broadway | Phone: 41-619-2552
- Monday: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm – 10pm. No cover.
- Visit www.janepickens.com for full schedule of events.
- Monday: Live music with Yacht Club Rejects at 8pm.
- Monday: Live music with Bruce Jacques from 9pm to 1am.
Perro Salado | 19 Charles Street
- Monday: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
Pineapples On The Bay | 1 Goat Island
- Monday: Live music from 6pm-9pm.
The Port | 359 Thames Street | Phone:
- Monday: Live music with Jonathan Tennis from 2pm to 6pm
- Monday: Trivia with Kelvini at 9:30pm.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million