More than 20 local pedicabbers came together to not only show support for all those living and fighting ALS but also for one of their own, Bobby Forster. Forster has long been involved with the local and national pedicab scene, in 2014 he was diagnosed with ALS at just 26 years old.
All are welcome to donate to www.als.net and/or make their own video, help keep the momentum going!
A message from Mike Kowalczyk, General Manager of Newport Pedicab;
“All of the pedicab super-fans know our man Bobby Bicycles. What some of you may not know is that this local legend / 26 year old was diagnosed with ALS this past fall and is currently fighting the battle of a lifetime.
We love you, Bob. Always know you are never alone, not even close.
Pirate Pedicab and Newport Pedicab challenge Boston Pedicab, Need A Ride Pedicabs and National Pedicabs. You have 24 hours to donate $100 and/or complete our challenge!
Please donate or spread the word to those who you know can. ALS.NET”
Editor’s Note: Ryan from the What’sUpNewp Crew had the honor of being among those pouring water on these pedicabbers.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke