Bowen’s Wharf will host the 25th annual Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival on October 17th and 18th.
- Dates: Saturday, October 17th & Sunday October 18th, 2015
- Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., EXTENDED on Saturday night to 6 p.m.
- FREE ADMISSION (food and beverages can be purchased at vendor booths) RAIN OR SHINE UNDER THE FESTIVAL TENTS!
Named one of the “10 Fabulous Fall Festivals on the Coast,” by Coastal Living Magazine, this event is an open invitation to come back to the waterfront after the rush of the summer season!
Honoring the “Harvest of the Sea,” the Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival offers fresh, local seafood. Fish tacos from Diego’s Restaurant, signature cocktails and cold New England beer accompany continuous live music, and family fun, all beneath the Wharf’s colorful tents. Other neighboring restaurants and fisherman’s associations serve up their most celebrated seafood dishes (lobster dinners, clam chowder, stuffed quahogs, clam cakes, shrimp, scallops, raw oysters and clams, as well as a few dishes for landlubbers and kids). Spirits and soft drinks are available. Desserts include tempting pies, ciders, and other baked goods. Cafe-style seating is set up throughout the Wharf.
Face-painting, pumpkin painting and other kid’s activities alongside Oliver Hazard Perry, RI’s brand new 200-foot official sailing education vessel.
As you savor fresh dishes, sit back and enjoy the beats from area bands. Under the music tent, live folk, Celtic, and blues music are just a taste of what you’ll hear. Bring your dancing shoes, because these bands promise to get your feet moving!
Join the 6,000-8,000 locals and devoted visitors over the course of this two-day event.
Saturday, October 17th 2015
11am – 1pm: Atwater-Donnelly Duo Traditional American Folk
1pm – 3pm: Abbey Rhode Music from the Fabulous 60s, Beatles, Stones & More
3pm – 5pm: Chelley, Bill & Dyl Cool Jazz, Soulful R&B, with a Touch of Country!
Special EXTENSION and NEW MUSIC until 6pm…stay tuned.
Sunday, October 18th 2015
11am – 1pm: Throwback to the 60s Boston’s 60s Tribute band
1pm – 3pm: Abbey Rhode Music from the Fabulous 60s, Beatles, Stones & Final performance together
3pm – 5pm: Big Cat Blues Band West Coast and Chicago Blues, Soulful, Powerful, Solid Rhythm
Vendors Wanted: E-mail TBW@bowenshwharf.com for more information!
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th