Whether you’re looking for seafood, bacon, lobster, Italian, or maybe even more seafood, there’s plenty of opportunities to eat your way through August in Newport by participating in one, two or all of these great events…
1. Lobster Boil & Sunset Sail | August 12, 19 & 26
Enjoy a dockside New England Lobster Boil and sunset sail on Schooner Aurora. Dinner 5pm-6:30pm and Sail 6:30-8pm. $55 inclusive of service and tax and $33 for children under 12. Reservations required. Space is limited. More Info
2. Beer & Bacon Thursday’s | August 13, 20, & 27
Check out Hotel Viking’s Thursday night Beer & Bacon night on their garden patio. They feature different craft beers each week and serve them with a bacon bouquet treat. More Info
3. Italian Heritage Dinner | Friday, August 14th
Chef Barry Correia will present a special prix-fixe menu featuring irresistible Italian cuisine at One Bellevue Restaurant at Hotel Viking on Friday, August 14th. The 3-course dinner includes a first course, entree and dessert and costs $39 per person, with taxes, beverages and gratuity being additional. Reservations are available between 5pm – 10pm.
4. Forty 1 North Will Host Chef Solomonov | Friday, August 14th
On Friday, August 14th, 41°N Culinary Masters Series will welcome Chef Michael Solomonov to its kitchen for a lively dinner, complete with wine pairings and chef interaction.
The 2011 James Beard Award winner for “Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic,” Chef Solomonov is known for his extraordinary skill at transforming simple foods into artful culinary masterpieces. As the visionary behind Philadelphia’s Zahav and Federal Donuts, he is widely regarded as one of the nation’s top chefs. In addition to the James Beard Award, Chef Solomonov has been recognized for his many accomplishments byThe New York Times, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Esquire Magazine, Condé Nast Traveler, and Travel + Leisure. In 2014, he was named Eater’s National Chef of the Year.
The dinner is at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, August 14th and cost for the event is $100 per person. Please email email@example.com or call More Informationto purchase tickets.
5. Opening of Plumby’s | Monday, August 17th
Brick Alley Pub will roll out a new restaurant concept on the second floor of their restaurant beginning on August 17th.
Plumby’s, Brick Alley Pub’s new upstairs burger bar, will offer a relaxed dining experience where customers can order food, craft beer, drinks and wine at the bar and seat themselves in the second floor dining room, or take the food to-go. The menu will feature ten to fifteen items, including some of Brick Alley’s most popular burgers, sandwiches and dishes. More Information
6. 9th Annual Lobsterfest Fundraiser | Sunday, August 30th
The Seamen’s Church Institute will hold their Annual Fundraiser, Rock The Docks, at Fort Adams State Park in 2015! The Annual Lobster Fest is sure to be a big hit at its new home! More Information
Enjoy Your August In Newport!
Sources: Photo of bacon & beer at Hotel Viking.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic