It was one of those moments that you will never forget on Sunday at the 2015 Newport Folk Festival.
It was a Newport Folk Festival first when Christopher Paul Stelling proposed to his girlfriend, Julia Christgau, after a standing ovation at the end of their set on the Harbor Stage at Fort Adams State Park.
As you can see in the video, the moment brought Jay Sweet, Producer of the Newport Folk Festival, to tears.
Christopher Paul Stelling is a singer-songwriter and guitarist from Brooklyn, New York.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays