Perry Mill Tavern & Music Hall, formerly the Rhino Bar & Grille, has been sold. The property had been on the market for almost one year.
The property was purchased by Surf Club LLC, also known as Larry Silverstein and Patrick Kilroy (co-owners of Midtown Oyster), from J.H. Enterprises LLC. The duo opened Midtown Oyster Bar at 345 Thames Street in June, 2013.
The restaurant, bar, nightclub and patio located at 337 Thames Street in downtown Newport was listed recently by Lila Delman Real Estate and Gustave White Sotheby’s Realty for $999,000. It is unknown at this time how much the property was sold for.
According to the listing, the purchase of the property includes the real estate, equipment, all permits and licenses. The property has a capacity for 384 guest inside and 117 outside.
Besides Midtown Oyster Bar and now Perry Mill Tavern, the Kilroy family are also involved in ownership and management of The Lobster Bar, The Landing, One Pelham East, Studio 3 and Star Bar.
The Class BT alcoholic beverage license at Perry Mill Tavern has already been transferred to the new ownership and the group has been approved for a new entertainment license.
Sources tell us Perry Mill Tavern & Music Hall expects to operate “as is” until probably the fall.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author