Immediately following a press conference on Wednesday morning where Robert Kraft stated he regrets not appealing NFL penalties (from “deflategate”) against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, the official Twitter account for Newport Daily News Sports shared an interesting tweet.
At 10:13 a.m. on July 29th @SportsNDN tweeted “It’s never too early for #Kraft to down a few martinis. #DeflateGate #FreeBrady”.
Is Newport Daily News suggesting or alleging Robert Kraft had a few martinis before the press conference, was acting as if he was drunk during the presser, or projecting that he was going out for martinis after?
A request for comment and clarification from Newport Daily News regarding the tweet has not yet been responded to.
The Newport Daily News, a family owned newspaper that has been publishing since 1846, covers the communities of Newport County. The Newport Daily News is owned and operated by Edward A. Sherman Publishing Co., also publishers of Newport Mercury and Newport Life Magazine.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays