Immediately following a press conference on Wednesday morning where Robert Kraft stated he regrets not appealing NFL penalties (from “deflategate”) against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, the official Twitter account for Newport Daily News Sports shared an interesting tweet.
At 10:13 a.m. on July 29th @SportsNDN tweeted “It’s never too early for #Kraft to down a few martinis. #DeflateGate #FreeBrady”.
Is Newport Daily News suggesting or alleging Robert Kraft had a few martinis before the press conference, was acting as if he was drunk during the presser, or projecting that he was going out for martinis after?
A request for comment and clarification from Newport Daily News regarding the tweet has not yet been responded to.
The Newport Daily News, a family owned newspaper that has been publishing since 1846, covers the communities of Newport County. The Newport Daily News is owned and operated by Edward A. Sherman Publishing Co., also publishers of Newport Mercury and Newport Life Magazine.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now