Friday: Guitar great Ana Popovic will light things up at The Met in Pawtucket, with a blues-rock set beginning around 8:30. Details here.
Saturday: Americana/Rock upstarts Lucas Nelson and the Promise of the Real, who rocked the Farm Aid stage a few weeks back, truck on into Fete in Providence for a long-awaited show. Details here.
Saturday: R&B sensation and multiple Grammy Award winner John Legend is bringing his show to the Premiere Theatre at Foxwoods at 8PM. Tickets available here.
Saturday: It’s a homecoming show for RI native Daryl Sherman at Chan’s in Woonsocket. A mainstay on the NYC jazz scene, Sherman will be joined by friends Jay Leonhart, Gray Sargent, Harry Allen and Jean McKenna O’Donnell. Details here.
Saturday: Roots musician Jake Blount, who debuted at Newport Folk this summer, takes the stage with his band at Common Fence Music in Portsmouth. It’s the first live show there since the pandemic began. Details here.
Sunday: The mellow country sounds of Jeremy Pinnell will grace the warm confines of Askew in downtown Providence. Matt York and Lauren King open. Details here.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video