The City of Newport is looking for some new recruits to join Newport Police Department.
Applications to join the Newport Police Department are being accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8th.
Boasting the oldest Community Policing program in the state, as a Newport Police Officer, the City of Newport says that individuals have a chance to make a difference on a daily basis in a dynamic, internationally known community.
Anyone interested in serving the community by becoming a Newport Police Officer is being urged to download an application by visiting www.CityofNewport.com/Jobs. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age as of Oct. 8, 2021 and be a High School Graduate or possess a GED/ equivalent.
Prospective candidates should be available to complete a Physical Fitness Assessment examination scheduled for Saturday, October 30, 2021 and a COVID-19 vaccination or negative test result will be required.
For more information, please visit www.CityofNewport.com/Jobs to download an application.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season