This weekend, it’s all about local favorites on the live music scene. Check out some shows around town featuring some of the region’s top performers.
Friday: Mark Cutler and the Men of Great Courage return to the Narrows Center for their first live show since the pandemic. Check out RI Music Hall of Famer Cutler live in person or stream it. Details here.
Friday: The Dick Clarks will bring a rock show to Pump House Music Works Friday. Steamy Windows opens. Details here.
Friday: West African percussionist Sidy Maiga and AfriManding play the Stomping Ground in nearby Putnum, CT. Details here.
Saturday: Head back to Fall River for the annual Spindle Fest Festival. There’s art, food, fun and more with music from Neal & the Vipers and the Neil McCarthy Quartet. Details here.
Saturday: Check out Texas guitar slinger Willie J. Laws and his soulful mixture Blues/Funk, classic R&B, Country, and Rock & Roll at Chan’s. Details here.
Saturday: Askew in Providence rocks out to the sounds of The Quins with openers One Time Weekend. Details here.
More from What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up Newp Legislative Survey: Rep. Lauren Carson
- Jay Leno surprises Bit Players audience with a 30-minute set of stand-up comedy
- Gerry Goldstein: Holiday sweets, baked strictly by the numbers
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met