Janet H. McDonnell, 75, of Newport, Rhode Island, passed away on April 5, 2021 in the Newport Hospital.
Janet was born in Scotland to the late Thomas Ireland and Margaret (Hunter) Ireland.
Janet is survived by her children, Madeline M. Griffin and her partner Dennis Banks Jr., Wayne S. Griffin and partner Melissa Henault, and Joe McDonnell. She also leaves her five grandchildren, Jose Perales, Samantha Griffin, Matthew Griffin, Aidan McDonnell, and Gavin McDonnell.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Heather Griffin.
Services for Janet will be private. Burial will be in St. Columba Catholic Cemetery in Middletown.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record