The Newport String Project recently shared details of their next concert of Hidden Newport, their virtual concert series showcasing some of Newport’s most beautiful and unusual locations through virtual chamber music concerts.
This performance, premiering on April 25th at 2 pm on Newport String Project’s YouTube Channel, features the Touro Synagogue, a site of deep historical prominence in the Jewish community in Newport. The Touro is the oldest synagogue building still standing in the United States, and the only surviving Synagogue in the country dating back to the colonial era.
The program will include works by Joseph Haydn, Erwin Schulhoff, George Gershwin, and Hajime Koumatsu.
To learn more about the synagogue and its history, visit https://www.tourosynagogue.org/
Watch the free concert HERE on Newport String Project’s Youtube channel –
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now