Several buildings in the heart of lower Thames Street have hit the market.
452, 458, 460, and 462 Thames Street, which includes three mixed-use buildings, have been listed for sale this week for $4.95 million.
The buildings include six commercial/retail units and seven residential units. The buildings are currently anchored by Gary’s Handy Lunch, Eileen on Thames, and Sailaway Studio.
According to City of Newport property records, the property is currently owned by Gary and Mary Hooks, owners of Gary’s Handy Lunch.
Gary’s Handy Lunch has been operating at 462 Thames Street since 1967. The sale of the properties does not include any of the businesses or contents.
Possibly invaluable are the 12 plus parking spots over the three lots.
Statewide MLS Property Description
Rare opportunity to purchase three mixed-use commercial buildings in the heart of Downtown Newport. 6 commercial/retail units and 7 residential units. Zoned limited business, the opportunities here are endless. There 12 plus parking spots over the 3 lots. High foot traffic and great visibility from the street, located across from IYRS. Currently anchored by Gary’s Handy Lunch- the business and contents do not convey. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to buy an entire block on Newport’s Historic Thames Street.
The property is listed by the Fitzpatrick Team at RE/MAX Profnl. Newport, Inc..
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author