Starting this Saturday, March 6, you can once again join Save The Bay aboard one of their education vessels as we motor through historic Newport Harbor and observe seals at Citing Rock.
One-hour seal tours are entirely boat-based, while 1.75-hour tours include a visit to the grounds of the Rose Island Lighthouse. Tours departing from Bowen’s Ferry Landing at 30 Market Square in Newport.
Save The Bay states on their website that Seal Tours are proceeding in accordance with Rhode Island Department of Health guidelines. A complete list of COVID-19 policies and procedures is available here.
Tours this weekend will take place at 3 pm and 4:15 pm on Saturday and at 10 am and 11:15 am on Sunday.
Pricing for the Newport Seal and Rose Island Tours are as follows;
One-Hour Tour – $22 non-members; $17 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12; $0 children under 3 years.
1.75-Hour Seal and Rose Island Tour – $47 non-members; $37 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12; $0 children under 3 years.
Learn more and see the full schedule at savebay.org/seal
Westerly Nature Cruises will resume in October 2021, according to Save The Bay’s website.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination