The folks at Travel + Leisure today rounded up some of the best small towns in the United States with under 15,000 residents and Stowe, Vermont is among 11 small towns they recommend for your next getaway.
Here’s what they had to say about Stowe,
“Located in northern Vermont, Stowe is another mountain town worth visiting year-round. During the spring and summer months, visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and biking, and come winter, skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort is a popular choice. Autumn is a particularly beautiful time to visit this charming small town, as the leaves turn vivid shades of red, orange, and gold, making it one of the best places to see fall foliage in the United States.”
Joining Stowe on the list are Telluride, Colorado; Carmel-by-the-Sea, California; Sedona, Arizona; Hudson, New York; Beaufort, South Carolina; St. Augustine, Florida; Kennebunkport, Maine; Grand Marais, Minnesota; Mackinac Island, Michigan; and Whitefish, Montana.
See the full story here – 11 of the Best Small Towns in America
Of course, before traveling anywhere check current COVID-19 restrictions in your home state and the state that you plan on traveling to.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record