After officially proclaiming tomorrow as Thanksgiving Day in Rhode Island, Governor Gina Raimondo issued the following statement wishing Rhode Islanders a happy, safe and healthy holiday.
“Every Thanksgiving, we take time to remember all we have to be grateful for. While we may be celebrating differently this year, that tradition is more important than ever. I am so incredibly thankful for the thousands of Rhode Islanders who have stepped up during this crisis—the health care workers keeping us safe, the teachers going above and beyond for our kids, the neighbors looking out for one another, and all the frontline heroes showing up to work every day under difficult circumstances.
“Despite the hardship, despite the sorrow and fatigue and frustration, we’ve found a way to rise to the challenge and take care of one other. Thank you, Rhode Island. We will get through this together.
“From my family to yours, have a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving.”
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke