The owner of Plant City, the popular vegan food hall in Providence, is looking to open a scaled-down version at 619 West Main Road in Middletown (formerly Papa Gino’s).
The restaurant would have a drive-thru and would focus on take-out/to-go.
What’s Up Newp caught up with Kim Anderson, owner of Plant City, on Monday night. Anderson said that she would share her plans in Middletown with us next week, once the lease is signed on the property.
Plant City in Providence calls itself “the world’s first plant-based food hall & marketplace”. The restaurant, located at 334 South Water Street, is led by leading plant-based chef Matthew Kenney.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now