The owner of Plant City, the popular vegan food hall in Providence, is looking to open a scaled-down version at 619 West Main Road in Middletown (formerly Papa Gino’s).
The restaurant would have a drive-thru and would focus on take-out/to-go.
What’s Up Newp caught up with Kim Anderson, owner of Plant City, on Monday night. Anderson said that she would share her plans in Middletown with us next week, once the lease is signed on the property.
Plant City in Providence calls itself “the world’s first plant-based food hall & marketplace”. The restaurant, located at 334 South Water Street, is led by leading plant-based chef Matthew Kenney.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays