The Boston Local Music Festival (BLMF) has announced its lineup as the festival moves online for its second year. The BLMF will feature nearly two dozen local artists performing an eclectic mix of music September 26 + 27 from noon to 10:00 PM. The entire festival will be streamed through the Boston Local Music Festival’s Facebook and YouTube channels. There is no cost to view the stream, but viewers are asked to make a contribution to help insure the music festival can return in 2021.
Performers include Planet Mercury, Sky & Korn, We Demand Parachutes, Amir Max and more than a dozen other Boston bands.
“We couldn’t gather in person this year, but we still wanted to showcase the incredible musical talent that Boston has to offer,” said Jen Matson, creator of the Boston Local Music Festival. “It has been a tough year for musicians, but small independent businesses like Midway Cafe, The Jungle and Audio Chemists are doing their best to support all artists as we navigate this pandemic together.”
Launched in 2019, the Boston Local Music Festival evolved out of the annual Boston Arts Festival, as the number of musicians interested in performing grew too large for one event. This year, fans will be able to purchase Boston Local Music Festival t-shirts with the entire lineup. Proceeds from the sale will help the festival return, in person, next year.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)