Jamestown, RI – Lady May, the 151-foot superyacht where former Trump campaign chairman and advisor Steve Bannon was recently arrested aboard, has been spotted off of Conanicut Island on Friday and Saturday.
On Thursday, August 21st, the U.S. Coast Guard, special agents from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan and federal postal inspectors boarded the ship while it was off the coast of Westbrook, Connecticut and arrested Bannon on fraud charges.
Bannon at the time was reportedly on board with the superyacht’s owner Guo Wengui, an exiled Chinese billionaire. Wengui was not arrested. Bannon has pleaded not guilty to charges and was later released on $5 million bail.
Who is on board the yacht, and why it is off of Jamestown, is not known.
Lady May is currently listed for sale for $27.9 million.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings
- Opinion: Our seniors have earned the comfort to know we value them