Jamestown, RI – Lady May, the 151-foot superyacht where former Trump campaign chairman and advisor Steve Bannon was recently arrested aboard, has been spotted off of Conanicut Island on Friday and Saturday.
On Thursday, August 21st, the U.S. Coast Guard, special agents from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan and federal postal inspectors boarded the ship while it was off the coast of Westbrook, Connecticut and arrested Bannon on fraud charges.
Bannon at the time was reportedly on board with the superyacht’s owner Guo Wengui, an exiled Chinese billionaire. Wengui was not arrested. Bannon has pleaded not guilty to charges and was later released on $5 million bail.
Who is on board the yacht, and why it is off of Jamestown, is not known.
Lady May is currently listed for sale for $27.9 million.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits