The Department of Environmental Management (DEM) today confirmed that a 14-year-old boy who was fishing with his father and brother drowned yesterday after slipping on the rocks and falling into the water at Beavertail State Park in Jamestown. The victim is Daniel Carrascoza of Providence.
The boy’s father and two Good Samaritans went into the water and retrieved him. They started CPR until the Jamestown Fire Department EMS responded at around 6:25 PM. Jamestown’s emergency personnel transported the boy to Newport Hospital where he was pronounced dead after arrival.
DEM says that they recognize how shocking and devastating the death of a child is and offers condolences to the Carrascuza family for the unbearable loss of their son.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch