The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) on Friday announced a travel advisory for the Sakonnet River Bridge.
RITBA will conduct biennial bridge inspections from Tuesday, August 11th through Friday, August 14th, and Monday, August 17th through Friday, August 21st, which will require the closure of the bike lane on the bridge between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
To stay up to date and receive the latest on construction activity and real-time traffic, visit RITBA’s site at RITBA.org.
This site provides the latest information concerning lane closures, construction activities, and traffic delays for the Sakonnet River, Newport Pell, Jamestown Verrazzano, and Mount Hope Bridges, in addition to the RT 138 Connector.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island to eliminate residency requirement for COVID-19 Vaccination
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8