With less than three months to the General Election, and less than a month to the Primary Election, What’s Up Newp begins its comprehensive coverage of not only elections in Newport County, but also key statewide legislative races.
Surveys were emailed to candidates in Newport County. We have received several responses, with still more coming in. If you are a candidate and have not received a questionnaire, please contact What’s Up Newp or Frank Prosnitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We asked about political, professional, and community background, about past accomplishments and issues the candidates hope to address during the next term.
Besides the candidates’ answers to our survey, we welcome press releases and op-ed pieces, as we make every effort to provide voters with information that will help them decide on whom they will support on election day. Candidates and those who support them can email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
Here we share an election profile for Chris Logan, who is seeking election on Middletown Town Council.
Current office (if none, please note none. Please note when elected initially, ex: Town Council, 1964):
Previous political/government elected offices held, and years:
Previous or current appointed government positions (including boards and commissions) :
Political Party Affiliation in 2020:
Previous political party affiliation if different from above:
Previous elective political positions sought, year and outcomes:
If applicable: As an incumbent, I am most proud of:
If elected my three top goals are:
1) Ensuring continued affordability and economic vitality in Middletown by balancing economic development and open spaces,
2) Furthering programs for youth and seniors by reaching every child where they need to be met in their educational journey as well as continue to care for our seniors who deserve our best efforts,
3) Create efficiencies and improve the services our citizens need while making sure we have accountability and transparency.
Employment and Education
My current employment, including title, is:
VMware, Director Healthcare Industry Strategy
Schools and degrees:
1) Bryant University, MBA, 2) Saint Leo University, BA Criminology
Professional organizations, please not leadership positions:
1) Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS) – Board Member, 2) Censinet, Board of Healthcare Advisors, 3) The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
Awards of recognitions associated with work:
1) 2018 Strategist of the year – VMware, 2) 2017 Strategist of the year – VMware, 3) 2017 Unsung Hero Award – VMware, 4) 2014 Graduate Business School Faculty Member of the Year – Providence College, 5) 2x Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals
Non-profit community organization affiliations and any leadership positions :
1) Michael E. McCarthy Scholarship Fund Board Member (also Youth Sports Grant Chair), 2) Aquidneck Island National Police Parade – Board of Trustees
Awards of recognitions associated with volunteer work:
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education