National Grid Gas will be conducting required maintenance of the natural gas main on Thames Street at Underwood Ct. on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 beginning at 7:00 pm, Newport Police Department announced today.
According to Newport Police, this work is being conducted at night to minimize traffic disruptions in the area. It is expected the work will be completed by the morning rush hour traffic on Thursday, July 16, 2020.
Traffic southbound on Thames Street will be detoured eastbound up Dearborn Street, across Spring St onto Perry Street, then south on Bellevue Ave, to Narragansett Ave to Spring or Thames Streets.
Police Officers will be onsite to manage the flow of traffic and assist motorists in getting to residences and businesses.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits