What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
The Hilb Group, LLC, a Richmond, Virginia based insurance agency, announced today that it has acquired certain assets of Newport-based D. F. Dwyer & Associates, LLC .
“Based in Newport, RI, D. F. Dwyer & Associates provides a full range of property & casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals,” a press release from The Hilb Group states.
According to the release, Dan Dwyer, Agency Leader of D.F. Dwyer and his associates will join the growing team of The Hilb Group New England.
“D.F. Dwyer will complement and strengthen The Hilb Group’s property & casualty capabilities in the New England region,” a announcement from The Hilb Group states.
The transaction became effective February 1, 2020.
The Hilb Group
According to the announcement from The Hilb Group, The Hilb Group is a leading middle market insurance agency headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and is a portfolio company of global investment firm, The Carlyle Group. THG seeks to grow through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. The company now has over 90 offices in 20 states.
A request for comment from Daniel F. Dwyer (III) was not immediately responded to on Thursday.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer