The Hilb Group, LLC, a Richmond, Virginia based insurance agency, announced today that it has acquired certain assets of Newport-based D. F. Dwyer & Associates, LLC .
“Based in Newport, RI, D. F. Dwyer & Associates provides a full range of property & casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals,” a press release from The Hilb Group states.
According to the release, Dan Dwyer, Agency Leader of D.F. Dwyer and his associates will join the growing team of The Hilb Group New England.
“D.F. Dwyer will complement and strengthen The Hilb Group’s property & casualty capabilities in the New England region,” a announcement from The Hilb Group states.
The transaction became effective February 1, 2020.
The Hilb Group
According to the announcement from The Hilb Group, The Hilb Group is a leading middle market insurance agency headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and is a portfolio company of global investment firm, The Carlyle Group. THG seeks to grow through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. The company now has over 90 offices in 20 states.
A request for comment from Daniel F. Dwyer (III) was not immediately responded to on Thursday.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record