The Military Spouses of Newport (MSON) club is now accepting applications for its 2020 scholarships.
MSON is a non-profit organization in Newport that represents and supports spouses of active duty and retired service members of all branches of service and ranks.
Since 1985, MSON has been supporting the local military community with educational scholarships and is pleased to continue this tradition. Scholarships are merit based and award totals will vary between $500 and $2,500. Scholarships are awarded in three categories:
1. Graduating High School Seniors
2. Spouses of Active Duty Military Members
3. Dependent Child (Other than a High School Senior) for post-secondary education
Scholarships are awarded for excellence in academic performance, community service, extracurricular involvement, achievements, and leadership. Guidelines for each scholarship differ, but applicants applying for the “Spouse” scholarship must be dependents of active duty military (any branch or rank) attached to a base in Rhode Island at the time of the application submission.
“Graduating High School Seniors” and “Dependent Child” applicants must possess a current, valid military ID card of: 1) an active duty military personnel (any branch or rank) attached to a base in Rhode Island at the time of application submission; 2) retired military (with pay) member of any branch or rank previously attached to a base in Rhode Island; or 3) deceased military (while on active duty or paid retired status) member of any branch or rank previously attached to a base in Rhode Island.
To learn more, please visit: https://milspousenewport.org/Scholarships
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record