Caleb & Broad has planned to close from January 20th – 30th for some extensive renovations.
“It’s going to be a pretty big face lift, I’m calling it Caleb & Broad 2.0.,” Richard Willis, Owner of Caleb & Broad told What’s Up Newp on Monday. “Everything is going to stay within the design and where it sits but we’re going to turn it up a notch”.
The restaurant is planning on documenting the renovations as they happen on IG TV (Instagram TV) with a series called “Uncovering Caleb & Broad” throughout the process.
“We’ll be going into our sixth year come May, I felt like it was time to give it an upgrade, look at every aspect of the business, and make it better,” Willis said.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport