Tacos? Broadway now has more of that.
Tijuana Burrito Grill opened at 66 Broadway on Monday.
“We wanted to make sure we had everything in order and soft open before announcing to everyone that we were open,” Owner Francisco Morales told What’s Up Newp on Monday. “Our first day was very good”.
Morales also owns and operates Salsa’s Burrito Grill, a similar concept located at 108 Chase Road, in Portsmouth.
“We have many customers at Salsas from Newport, they were the the ones who kept telling me I need to open in Newport,” Morales said. “They convinced me to open here”.
Their menu, which is available for dine-in, pick-up, and online orders, features burritos, tacos, bowls, salads, nachos and more.
“My husband and I have struggled to find good taco’s since moving to Newport a little over a year ago. It’s amazing,” Carol S., who dined at Tijuana today told What’s UpNewp. “It’s fresh, clean and you can totally customize what you want – bowls, burritos, etc. then meat or veggie, etc”.
Tijuana Burro Grill is open Monday through Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm and on Sunday from 11 am to 9 pm.
For more information or to place an online order, visit http://www.tijuanaburritogrilltogo.com/ .
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates