The following has been contributed to us by Common Fence Music.
COMMON FENCE MUSIC is thrilled to welcome singer-songwriter JEFFREY FOUCAULT on Saturday, January 11, 2020, 8pm for his first solo performance on their stage. Doors will open to CFM members at 7pm, non-members at 7:15pm. The concert will take place at the CFP Arts, Wellness & Community Center, 933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, RI. Tickets to the show are $22 in advance, $25 at the door, $20 for CFM members. Tickets and information may be obtained at CommonFenceMusic.org and will also be available for purchase at the door.
“Mesmerizing, meditative… alluring and relatable all at once.” – NPR Music
“One of contemporary Americana’s more eloquent and versatile artists.” – No Depression
“Immaculately tailored… Close to perfection” – New York Times
In two decades on the road Jeffrey Foucault has become one of the most distinctive voices in American music, refining a sound instantly recognizable for its simplicity and emotional power, a decidedly Midwestern amalgam of blues, country, rock’n’roll, and folk. He’s built a brick-and-mortar international touring career on multiple studio albums, countless miles, and general critical acclaim, being lauded for “Stark, literate songs that are as wide open as the landscape of his native Midwest” (The New Yorker), and described as “Quietly brilliant” (The Irish Times), while catching the ear of everyone from Van Dyke Parks to Greil Marcus, to the Eagles’ Don Henley, who regularly covers Foucault in his live set. With a career remarkable for an unrelenting dedication to craft and indepence from trend, Jeffrey Foucault has released six collections of original songs, the most recent being 2018’s highly anticipated and acclaimed ‘Blood Brothers’.
Seasonal dinner plates, fresh soups, and our signature selection of baked goods and beverages will be available for purchase from the CFM kitchen. For those who wish to carry in their own fare, this show is BYOB and picnic.
CFP Arts, Wellness & Community Center is located at 933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, RI. Free parking is available adjacent to and across the street from the building. The hall is fully accessible. Ticket prices vary. For more information about Common Fence Music, please visit CommonFenceMusic.org, or call (401)683-5085.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune