Another successful Illuminated Boat Parade is in the books!
Thousands showed up along the Newport waterfront on Friday evening to watch twenty three boats compete in the 22nd Annual event.
I had a blast emceeing the event at Newport Yacht Club, thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.
The parade was organized and sponsored by Discover Newport, Newport Yacht Club, and the City of Newport for organizing.
Here is a list of the 2019 winners;
- Recreational Powerboat: Cod Father, Richard Cromwell
- Commercial Powerboat: Coastal Queen, Bill Munger owner of Conanicut Marina
- Recreational Sailboat: Scappare, David LeBlanc
- Commercial Sailboat: Tidal Wave, Oldport Marine, Mike Muessel and Matt Gineo
- Fishing Boat- There was no participant or winner in this category.
- Team Spirit-Bird Cage, Bob Oeoulette and Richard Cromwell, Pontoon Boat
Local restaurants graciously donated the gift cards that were given to the award winners. All participants were also given a ribbon for their participation.
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more