Newport Police Lieutenant (Ret.) Frank Rosa Jr. was named Safety and Security Manager for the Preservation Society of Newport County today.
Rosa completed 25 years service with the Newport Police before his retirement. He begins his duties December 9th.
“Frank Rosa Jr. is an invaluable new asset for the Preservation Society,” said CEO and Executive Director Trudy Coxe in a press release issued from the Preservation Society of Newport County. “Lieutenant Rosa’s record of leadership and innovation along with his deep community roots give him immediate credibility on every facet of safety and security within our organization. He also brings cutting edge knowledge of security technology and methods to our world of museum security.”
“I am energized by this opportunity,” said Rosa in the release. “I view the opportunity to work with the Preservation Society as a culmination of both my professional and personal history. I will do everything in my ability to uphold and support the tradition of excellence at the mansions while ensuring the safety and security of the visitors and staff and all assets associated with Preservation Society.”
According to the Preservation Society of Newport County, “Rosa is a veteran of the Criminal Investigation Division of the Newport Police department where he served as Detective Lieutenant. He has been twice decorated with the Newport Police Medal of Valor among other awards and commendations. He has also recently held positions in the Office of Professional Standards and Community Policing. He earned a Graduate Degree in Administration of Justice and a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration of Justice from Salve Regina University. Prior to his Newport career he was an officer with the Portsmouth Police Department and previously was Director of Security/Safety with Marriott Corporation at the Newport Marriott Hotel for several years”.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates