Rhode Island children can make the most of their school vacation time with nature-based Vacation Camps at Norman Bird Sanctuary’s 325-acre outdoor classroom.
During public school vacation weeks, nature-themed day camp programs will engage children in grades K-6 for fun-filled, hands-on nature exploration, animal encounters, and outdoor discovery.
A popular one-day December Mini Camp welcomes children on Saturday, December 21st. Then families can choose from one to five days of weekday Camp during the week of February 17th. A five-day vacation day camp follows during the week of April 15th.
In each of the Camp programs campers participate in age-appropriate and innovative camps that offer a unique blend of hands-on learning, games, animal encounters, and team building. Camp groups explore Norman Bird Sanctuary’s trails and diverse habitats, taught by enthusiastic and professional Teacher Naturalists.
Online registration is currently open for all three Vacation Camps.
Vacation Camp registration fees are discounted for Norman Bird Sanctuary members, but membership is not required. Families that book the entire week of February Vacation Camp also receive a discount.
For registration information, visit: www.normanbirdsanctuary.org. If you would like to register for camp but are unable to do so online, contact Matt Schenck, Camp Director at 401-846-2577 ext.15 or by email at email@example.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf