Residents, parents, taxpayers and students from Portsmouth, Middletown, and Newport are being invited to attend and participate in The Future of Our Island High Schools Public Forum on Monday, October 28th.
The public forum, which is being hosted by Newport This Week, is scheduled from 6:30 pm to 8 pm in the CCRI Auditorium in Newport.
Neil Steinberg, President and CEO of The Rhode Island Foundation, will serve as Speaker and Panel Moderator.
Panelists will include;
Christine Johnson – Assistant Director of the Massachusetts Association of Regional Schools
Christine Lopes-Metcalfe – Chief Executive Officer, School Building Authority, Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE)
Tim Duffy – Executive Director of Rhode Island Association of School Committees
Marvin Abney, State Representative District 73, Newport and Middletown and Chairman House Committee on Finance
Lou DiPalma, State Senator District 12, Middletown, Newport, Tiverton and Little Compton and Member, Senate Committee on Education
Newport This Week will host “Understanding Regionalization” Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the CCRI auditorium in Newport.
Send questions, concerns or comments you would like addressed at either public forum to email@example.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise