To the surprise of many, Newport Bicycle has permanently closed.
After five years at 130 Broadway, and several more years around the community, the popular bike shop closed its doors for good on Columbus Day.
On September 21st, Newport Bicycle announced a going out of business sale on Facebook and responded to one disappointed customer ” Sad to leave this great community of bicyclists and wonderful people. We’ve met so many wonderful people
Their location at 130 Broadway is currently available to rent through Kirby Properties for $3,000 per month.
“Rob and I definitely loved serving the local bicycling community and will miss our amazing customers and friends who have supported us along the way. We are moving up to New Hampshire, where we look forward to more outdoor adventures,” Christina, co-owner of Newport Bicycle wrote to What’s Up Newp on Wednesday..
According to their website, the current owners purchased Newport Bicycle in February of 2011, expanded the shop in 2012, and moved to 130 Broadway in 2014.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic