The Newport Art Museum is delighted to host the Newport String Project for their 7th Season Opening Concert in the galleries of the historic N.A. Griswold House on Saturday, October 19, at 2pm. The Newport Art Museum is located at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI. More information and tickets are available at newportartmuseum.org.
The Newport String Project will perform a dynamic program of works by Dvorak, Schumann and Montgomery. In celebration of the Museum’s exhibition Forever Young: Representations of Childhood and Adolescence, the concert will feature a performance of Schumann’s “Scenes from Childhood,” arranged for string quartet. The afternoon will also include Dvorak’s autumnal String Quartet in E-flat and Jessie Montgomery’s soaring Duo for Violin and Cello.
General Admission tickets are $20, or $15 for Museum members. Guests can also purchase a Newport String Project Supporter ticket for $35, or $30 for Museum members. All tickets include admission to the Museum. Advance reservations highly recommended at newportartmuseum.org.
Noted for its eclectic and innovative programming, the Newport String Project is committed to presenting highly expressive performances of masterworks, alongside works by emerging and rarely heard composers in intimate, inclusive settings throughout Newport.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf