Newport Art Museum’s Art After Dark is back on Thursday, October 10th and this month Newport Art Museum is inviting the young and young at heart to the galleries for a good old fashioned Game Night!
Guests are invited to play Clue in the Museum’s Library (obviously), learn to play Chess, use their vocabulary and wordsmithing skills in Boggle and Bananagrams, or join in a giant Pictionary competition in the main gallery, hosted by What’sUpNewp’s owner and publisher, Ryan Belmore!
“When Cristin from Newport Art Museum reached out and asked if I would be a Game Leader at this month’s Art After Dark, I knew I had to do it!,” Belmore said.
“Too often I hear from parents that our community needs more for families and children to do, Newport Art Museum is among those great organizations in our community that is regularly providing those opportunities and this is a great opportunity for parents and families to come out and learn, or be reminded what the Newport Art Museum is up to,” Belmore continued.
This month’s Art After Dark will be on Thursday, October 10 from 5 – 8 pm. Admission to Art After Dark is free for Members, and a suggested $10 donation for non-Members. Abundant chips, popcorn and candy will be on hand to fuel competitive efforts. Cash bar available.
“I hope folks come out with their family and friends to experience all that Newport Art Museum and Art After Dark have to offer. Plus, who doesn’t love a giant game of Pictionary?”, Belmore concluded.
More information on Newport Art Museum, can be found at www.newportartmuseum.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free