Gardeners, bakers, and chefs are invited to enter the Home & Garden Competition at Norman Bird Sanctuary’s 45th Annual Harvest Fair on October 5th and 6th.
You’ll join other local cooks and gardeners in a lighthearted competition to show off your gardening and cooking prowess and win the coveted blue ribbon.
This year’s competition features new fun categories such as “Best Unique/Extraordinary Produce,” “Best Fall Feel Flower/Tree,” and “Best Birdhouse.”
Other categories include:
Produce: Best Single Fruit, Best Single Vegetable, Best ‘Basket of Plenty’, and more.
Flowers: Best Fresh Arrangement, Best Single Rose, Best Sunflower, and more.
Food: Best Pie, Best Jam/Jelly, Best Salsa, Best Cookie, and more.
– Junior (Ages 14 & under)
– Enthusiast (Ages 15 & up – Must not earn income from their entries)
– Professional (Have earned income from their chosen category in the last two years)
Visit Norman Bird Sanctuary’s Harvest Fair website for a complete list of categories and rules on how to enter.
The event will run 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5th and Sunday, October 6th.
Learn more and register your entry at NormanBirdSanctuary.org/home-garden
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup